KCS Practices v5 Certification
This certification is intended for individuals who require a thorough understanding of both the KCS methodology and its adoption. This includes people who manage or advise on the adoption and continuous improvement of the KCS practices. This certification is also appropriate for product managers whose products align with or enable the KCS practices.
Full program details are available in the KCS Practices v5 Certification Instructions.
Overview of the Certification Process
- Register with the Academy’s Credential Management System
- Select “Program Applications and Order Forms” on the left side navigation bar, click on the “Practices v5 Certification Application and Payment” form, fill out and submit (certification fee: $450)
- Payment form processing and acceptance by the Academy
- Download and read the KCS Adoption Guide
- Schedule the exam (instructions will be sent via email once your record is processed, 1-2 business days)
- Certification renewal is required with in 6 months of the KCS Practices Guide v6 release date (expected to be January 2014)
There are no prerequisites to start the Practices v5 Certification process. Attending a KCS Foundations Workshop is recommended but not required. In addition, a Practices v5 Certification Workshop is offered, which provides both KCS training and the certification exam in a single two-day course.
The following reading list is strongly recommended:
- KCS Practices v5 Certification Instructions - (especially the Exam Topics and Objectives section)
- KCS Practices Guide
- KCS Adoption Guide
- “Measurement Matters” paper
- KCS Verified Program Instructions
Questions? Please submit them here: