KCS Trainer Certification
This certification is intended for individual trainers who:
- Have experience teaching/facilitating in a classroom or workshop environment
- Have experience in customer support and are familiar with current processes, structures, management practices and metrics
- Have experience with knowledge management in customer support organizations
Completing the Certified Trainer program means you are qualified to teach the KCS Foundations and KCS Overview courses. In order to qualify to teach additional workshops (listed in the KCS Trainer Certification Instructions), you must fill out the application and meet the qualification criteria for those workshops.
Full program details are available in the KCS Trainer Certification Instructions.
Overview of the Certification Process
- Register in the Academy’s Credential Management System
- Attend a KCS Foundations Workshop
- Complete the KCS Practices v5 certification program (often offered as part of the Foundation Workshop).
- Organize and co-teach a KCS Foundations workshop with a KCS Certified Trainer (this can be a revenue generating event at a client site or a public workshop, trainer keeps revenue less expenses and the Consortium fee of $7500.)
- Co-Instructor must complete an Assessment verifying the candidate’s overall training experience. The form can be downloaded from the Credential Management System download center.
- Pass the KCS Trainer Certification exam (exam fee: $650)
- The exam is a fill-in-the-blank format and takes about 90 minutes to complete. It can be taken in a test center or via online proctoring (video). The exam results are then discussed with the candidate; this review takes about 90 minutes.
- Sign and abide by the “KCS Workshop License Agreement”
- Renewal: to retain the KCS Certified Trainer rights you must teach a minimum of three KCS workshops in 18 months. In order to maintain an active certification status you must:
- Teach three KCS workshops within 18 months of being certified (six month grace period).
- Be up to date on workshop royalty payments.
- Complete KCS Certified Trainer Renewal Form in the Credential Management System.
- If these requirements are not met within 24 months, you must apply for reinstatement.
Membership in the Consortium is not required but strongly recommended. Royalty payments from workshops delivered offset cost of membership.
Please read the KCS Trainer Certification Instructions for a full list of resources and reference materials.
Questions? Please submit them here: