Get KCS v6 Verified
The Verified program is open to all vendors who supply knowledge management functionality.
The KCS v6 Verified designation is for major releases of products which successfully complete the KCS v6 Verified process. Membership in the Consortium is not a prerequisite, however, for those companies who are members, there are additional benefits such as participation in the KCS program team and the opportunity to publish joint case studies and white papers.
Full program details are available in the KCS v6 Verified Instructions.
Overview of the Verification process
- Complete the KCS Verified Application form and submit the Application fee (fees outlined here).
- Complete Self-Assessment Worksheets and sample reports, and email them to email@example.com
- Schedule and conduct demo following the KCS Technology Demo script. Demo time must not exceed three hours.
- Complete the KCS Verified Designation form (includes submitting the Designation fee and signing and returning the License Agreement and Logo Usage Style Guide)
- Receive Certificate and download logos
- Publish and market KCS v6 Verified product
- Annual Verified renewal is required (complete renewal form here).
The KCS Academy has developed a list of minimum functional criteria and a set of scenarios through which vendors demonstrate their tools’ ability to support the KCS practices. Once the formal process of verification is complete for a product, the vendor will have specific rights and privileges to marketing materials. The marketing materials includes:
- KCS v6 Verified logo for use on software packaging, marketing materials, web site and trade show advertising.
- A Verified Logo Style Guide defining acceptable use of the logo and color information.
- Guidelines for a quote from the Consortium should the vendor wish to issue a press release about attaining KCS v6 Verified status.
Additionally, a listing of KCS v6 Verified products will be maintained on the Academy website with links to the vendors’ web pages.
Questions? Please submit them here.