The Verified program is open to all vendors who supply knowledge management functionality. Please note that the KCS Verified v6 program will be released in April 2017.
The KCS Verified v5 designation is for major releases of products which successfully complete the KCS Verified v5 process. Membership in the Consortium is not a prerequisite, however, for those companies who are members, there are additional benefits such as participation in the KCS program team and the opportunity to publish joint case studies and white papers.
Full program details are available in the KCS Verified v5 Instructions.
Overview of the Verification process
- Complete the KCS Verified Application form.
- Receive and pay invoice (fees outlined here)
- Complete Self-Assessment Worksheets and sample reports, and email them to email@example.com
- Schedule and conduct demo following the KCS Technology Demo script. Demo time must not exceed two hours.
- Complete the KCS Verified Designation form (includes signing and returning the License Agreement and Logo Usage Style Guide)
- Receive Certificate and download logos
- Publish and market KCS Verified v5 product
- Annual Verified renewal is required (complete renewal form here).
The KCS Academy has developed a list of minimum functional criteria and a set of scenarios through which vendors demonstrate their tools’ ability to support the KCS practices. Once the formal process of verification is complete for a product, the vendor will have specific rights and privileges to marketing materials. The marketing materials includes:
- KCS Verified v5 logo for use on software packaging, marketing materials, web site and trade show advertising.
- A Verified Logo Style Guide defining acceptable use of the logo and color information.
- Guidelines for a quote from the Consortium should the vendor wish to issue a press release about attaining KCS Verified v5 status.
Additionally, a listing of Verified v5 products will be maintained on the Academy website with links to the vendors’ web page.
Questions? Please submit them here.