The KCS v6 Certified Internal Trainer program is for large organizations who are adopting KCS across functions and geographies, and who want the benefits of having select employee(s) designated as KCS Certified Trainers. KCS v6 Certified Internal Trainers are licensed to use the Consortium for Service Innovation’s workshop materials to deliver customized training for employees of their sponsor organization.
Completing the Internal Certified Trainer program means you are qualified to teach the KCS Overview, KCS v6 Practices (1.5 day, 2 day, or 2.5 day), and the KCS Leadership workshops, as well as facilitate the KCS Assessment and Design Sessions for functions within your organization. The “KCS Workshop License Agreement for Internal Use” does not include the KCS Coach Workshop or the Intelligent Swarming Workshop. These workshops have separate trainer certification requirements.
Overview of the Certification Process:
Full program details are available in the KCS v6 Certified Internal Trainer Instructions.
- Attend an in-person KCS v6 Practices Workshop (full 2.5 day version)
- Be KCS v6 Practices Certified
- Fill out the Application to become a KCS Certified Trainer
- Organize and co-teach an in-person KCS v6 Practices workshop with a KCS Certified Trainer. The Certified Trainer must complete the Assessment form verifying your understanding and training capabilities.
- Pass the KCS v6 Certified Trainer exam
- Your sponsor organization must sign the “KCS Workshop License Agreement for Internal Use” and purchase unlimited use rights for the training materials (a separate fee applies). The sponsor organization must maintain at least one KCS Certified Internal Trainer on their staff in order to use the KCS training materials.
Please see the KCS v6 Certified Internal Trainer Instructions for descriptions, fees, and resources involved in these steps.
Membership in the Consortium for the sponsor organization is not required, but is strongly recommended as it will allow the Certified Internal Trainer(s) access to the Consortium’s KCS team meeting discussions on the evolution of KCS, as well as opportunities to interact with other Certified Trainers.
Questions? Please submit them here.