The work of the Consortium is protected by Creative Commons licenses. For questions about this, and about the development of KCS, click here.
If you would like to opt-in to the mailing list, please click here.
KCS Principles and Core Concepts – The foundation of KCS.
KCS v6 Practices Guide – Released 21 April 2016, this is the latest and most complete collection of information about how to do KCS. This description of the KCS practices and techniques is based on the collective experience of the Consortium members.
KCS v6 Adoption Guide – Released 11 January 2018, this guide offers a step-by-step approach for planning a KCS adoption, and is meant to complement the KCS v6 Practices Guide and the Measurement Matters paper.
Frequently Asked Questions about KCS – including the history and ownership of the methodology.
KCS: Ask an Expert – a place to ask your burning questions about KCS and have them answered by the community that develops and maintains the KCS methodology.
- KCS v6 Update Summary (Changes from previous versions of KCS)
- Glossary of KCS Terms
- Metrics Matrix (A list of possible measures and some of their attributes. Tailor for your environment. .xls format here)
- KCS Roles and Competencies (A description of competencies for the KCS roles: Candidate, Contributor, Publisher, Coach, Knowledge Domain Expert/KDE)
- Article Quality Quick Reference Guide (Sample KCS Article content and style guide. Tailor for your environment.)
- KCS FAQs (Sample list of FAQs for your communications plan. Tailor for your environment.)
- ServiceNow: Implementing KCS Delivered 52% Faster Time to Relief
- Quest Publishes in the Workflow
- Extreme Networks Improved Loyalty and Won the Top Spots on Customer Web Searches with a Disciplined, Data-Driven Approach to KCS®and Communities
- HP Enterprise: Improving Customer Success with Self-Service
- salesforce.com: An Integrated HR Community and KCS Program Launched in Record Time
- MathWorks: Delivering Technical Support Knowledge to the Customer Community
- PTC: Achieving Great Things With KCS
- Schneider Electric: Passion and Persistence: You Can Implement KCS on a Shoe-String Budget
- Avaya: Where Everyone Can Publish
- Avaya, Part Two: Transforming the Customer Experience
- Omgeo: Improving the Customer Experience with the KCS Evolve Loop
- Mentor Graphics: KCS is a Team Sport
- Verisign Security Services: KCS at Work: Improving the Customer Experience
- Progress Software: Application Support Services: KCS at Work
- HP NonStop Customer Support: KCS at Work
- Legato Support Services: KCS at Work
Stakeholder Engagement Matrix – Formerly the “Sustaining KCS Matrix.” Maintaining engagement through the phases of KCS adoption, described by stakeholder.
Measurement Matters – The benefits and organizational measures of the phases of KCS adoption.
The KCS Continuum – The evolution of KCS in a given environment.
KCS Introduction [.pptx]
New vs. Known Methodology – A write up on how to conduct the New vs. Known study
- Sample spreadsheet for the New vs. Known study
How Good is Good Enough? [.ppt] – Content quality survey
Benefits Calculator [.xls]
The KCS® methodology is a registered service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation.
The first mention of KCS in a written work must include the superscript ®. Please also include this footnote or parenthetical statement: “KCS® is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.”
The correct use of KCS is as an adjective, for example: “[Company Name] endorses the KCS® methodology….”
KCS cannot be used in the name of an offering without explicit written permission from the Consortium for Service Innovation. Please contact the Consortium with questions.